Highlander 2 Highlander (H2H)
H2H Hour is about building your future each hour of each day…This hour is about choices; we expect each student to be mature enough for this privilege!
Time for you to design your future…
- SAT/ACT prep
- Peer to Peer Tutoring
- Independent Study Time
- Additional teacher help
Read 2 Read (R2R)
- Students stay for additional time in their 1st or 2nd period for silent sustained reading.
- School-wide we all use this time to stop and read.
- Students can also use this time to be on Khan Academy or Reading Plus.
- Once or twice a week for 37 minutes.
- Students must report to a teacher or the cafeteria to study, get tutoring, make-up work, or retake a test!
- Students who have A’s & B’s on their report card receive a pass which gives them more freedom during this time!
Morning meeting is a time…
Mastery Learning in an instructional approach that put the focus on learning rather than assigning grades for completion of assignment.
- First attempt: If a student earns between an 85 and 94 on his/her first attempt they will receive an automatic 95A.
- Student must be in attendance of the day of assessment
- All prepwork must be completed prior to the test
- Students have 2 weeks from the day the grade is posted to retake an assessment if they scored below an 85.
- Only one retake is allowed
- Quizzes do not qualify for a retake.Student must follow individual teacher’s retake procedures