Highlander 2 Highlander (H2H)
H2H Hour is about building your future each hour of each day…This hour is about choices; we expect each student to be mature enough for this privilege!
Time for you to design your future…
- SAT/ACT prep
- Peer to Peer Tutoring
- Independent Study Time
- Additional teacher help
Read 2 Read (R2R)
- Students stay for additional time in their 1st or 2nd period for silent sustained reading.
- School-wide we all use this time to stop and read.
- Students can also use this time to be on Khan Academy or Reading Plus.
- Once or twice a week for 37 minutes.
- Students must report to a teacher or the cafeteria to study, get tutoring, make-up work, or retake a test!
- Students who have A’s & B’s on their report card receive a pass which gives them more freedom during this time!
Morning meeting is a time where the entire student body gathers to share general school information, celebrate successes and events around campus, learn about clubs and sports, hear from guest speakers, and much more!
Mastery Learning in an instructional approach that put the focus on learning rather than assigning grades for completion of assignment.
- First attempt: If a student earns between an 85 and 94 on his/her first attempt they will receive an automatic 95A.
- Student must be in attendance of the day of assessment
- All prepwork must be completed prior to the test
- Students have 2 weeks from the day the grade is posted to retake an assessment if they scored below an 85.
- Only one retake is allowed
- Quizzes do not qualify for a retake.Student must follow individual teacher’s retake procedures